Skip to content
- Remote controller
- Modem 3DR (incl. USB-cable)
- Toolbox (Innehåll: Silvertejp, eltejp, avbitare, spetstång, skruvmejslar, batterimätare, penna tusch + blyerts)
- Screwdriver to the propellers
- GPS tracker
- Computer or pad for flight controller software
- Protective glasses
- Reflective west
- Flightlog paper, pencil
- Flight permission (Transportstyrelsen)
- Insurance (Kammarkollegiet)
- ID card
- Targets for GPS measurements (GCPs)
- Are you inside controlled airspace? Maps are available here: http://daim.lfv.se/echarts/dronechart/
If you are inside a controlled airspace, call the tower that controls the airspace. If you are in Umeå airports controlled airspace, call the Umeå tower at: +4690716171.
- Unfold the arms and lock these in position with the screws.
- Mount the batteries. Check that they are well fastened.
- Check if the batteries have equal voltage if you’re going to use two batteries. If you don’t check this, there will be a high current flowing between the batteries if they have different voltage. The batteries are connected in parallel.
- Connect a low battery warning if the vehicle doesn’t have one built in.
- Mount the propellers and check that they are in the right arm and rigidly attached.
- Mount the GPS tracker on the welcro. Start the tracker by holding the on/off-button. Before you start your flight you will call the GPS tracker with your phone to see if you receive the correct location.
- Connect the batteries.
- Turn on the RC transmitter. Make sure that all switches are in the low position.
- Connect the computer or your pad to the vehicle.
- Check all the modes on the remote controller and check that the computer or pad shows the flight mode.
- Check the gyros. This is done by first check that the copter is flat and then tilt the copter in differnt directions and check on your computer or pad that the movement is shown correct.
- Upload the mission to the autopilot. Remove the route from the computer and download the route from the autopilot to make sure that the correct route is loaded in the autopilot.
- Check that all waypoints have the correct height above ground. It is easy to add new waypoints and not check the elevation. New waypoints are assigned with the default altitude.
- Set a geofence to a radius that includes the mission you’ve prepared. This is set under “CONFIG/TUNING” –> “GeoFence”.
- Call the GPS tracker with your phone. The line should be busy after a few signals and you will receive a TXT message with a google maps link. Check if the position is correct.
- Check that the camera triggers by right-click in the map window in the flight-data mode in Mission planner and choose “Trigger camera now”.
- Start the camera if you’re using trigger by distance or using want to film.
- Arm on the red button at the vehicle.
- Arm the vehicle on the remote controller. This is done by holding the left joystick in the lower right corner for 5 seconds.
- Dis-arm from the remote controller by holding the lower left corner for 5 seconds and dis-arm on the red button at the vehicle.
- Within flight zone: Call the air traffic control and tell them that you have landed.
- Fill in the logbook.
- Charge the batteries. If you don’t plan to use them for a longer time (>2 weeks), storage charge them.